Free Karaoke Backing Tracks by You!

Free karaoke backing tracks are something most singers might look for on the internet either they wish to achieve with them or use them naturally as a custom tool. Sure there are sites that have them ready but their quality and the completeness of the song might leave something to be desired. These days it's possible for you to make your own tracks in the relax of your own office and for not too much money, especially when compared to buying the tracks individually.

You need to have some kind of music editing schedule at home and be a diminutive bit familiar with Midi files to make it happen but you can make quality backing tracks at home that will rival anyone you can get online, especially the free ones.

Small White Computer Desk Reviews

The schedule I use is called Cubase. It's a software schedule that is Midi compatible but was originally designed for multi-track recording, which is to say, recording different instruments in a band at different times. Along with this schedule I use what are known as Vst instruments. Vst stands for virtual studio technology. You can secure many of these instrument sounds for free by naturally "Googling" them.

The first thing I do is rule what song I wish to put together. I go to one of my favorite sites, www.musicrobot.com to find the files I use. Their diminutive robot will find and return all kinds of Midi files of varying length. I ordinarily pick a file that is larger because I assume it to be more complete. You can quest either by band or artist. I will check out some files ordinarily to ensure I'm using the one that will give me the best results. Once I have excellent a file I then save it in a file on my Pc.

The next step is to open up Cubase or anyone schedule you are using. I import the Midi file into Cubase and it ordinarily opens up so that you can see all of the private tracks. By highlighting each track I can assign an instrument to each one but with Cubase in single I find that if you are using a sound from one synth, that single synth can only be used once, which is to say that you may not use it for other sound at the same time. If I wish the use of use two sounds from the same synth what I do is export the track I want to an audio mixdown and save it to my desk top. I can then go back and convert the synth to the other sound I wish to use. ordinarily I import each track to audio mixdown and save them on my desk top one at a time.

When I have all of the tracks I wish I open a new task and insert the estimate of tracks that I need. If you feature a track you can then import the audio files one at a time from your desktop into Cubase. Do this for each track i.e. Track 1 will be Drums, Track 2 will be bass guitar etc. Until you've added all of your tracks.

The volume levels will likely be Ok but you can tweak them at this point if you wish to have one instrument louder than the others or whatever. Now you can export this task to an audio mixdown and save it either on your desktop or a portfolio somewhere. Wherever you like really. With Cubase you can save the songs in discrete formats, not just Mp3.

There are other programs that you can use to make your own free karaoke backing tracks. I have also used Acid Music with diminutive success. Because I'm not that familiar with I find it to be somewhat cumbersome but it does have nothing else but good instrument sounds so it could be worth the effort. The only real issue I have with using Acid Music is that when you need to adjust the tempo of the song you end up adjusting the pitch. With Cubase I can adjust the two independently.

You may think that a consolidate of hundred bucks is a bit of money to spend on a multi-track program. Acid Music is a economy way to do it but it does seem more difficult although it all the time gets easier the more you do it. However if you had to buy a repetoire of backing tracks then even at a few bucks per tune the cost would add up quickly. The benefit to the multi-track software is that you could not only report the music but you could add your voice to it as well should you ever have the need for a demo of your voice. This is worth considering if you're thinking about pursuing a band or singing competition or something to that effect.

You may find that you have to "drag" your parts a diminutive bit to make the musical timing line up. This is because of "latency". Depending on how much memory you computer is using, Latency could be a small problem. Basically it makes the parts sound as if they're advent in a diminutive late. If you have loads of memory then it shouldn't be an issue.

This is the exact recipe I use to make backing tracks for the bands I play in and I use these tracks in live applications consistently. They sound great and I have even had soundmen commentary on the good quality of the tracks so it is possible to get quality free karaoke backing tracks anytime you want. All you need is the right set of tools.

Free Karaoke Backing Tracks by You!

Add To Facebook Add To Twitter Add To Yahoo Add To Del.icio.us Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Digg This Add To Reddit